Quassel

warning: Creating default object from empty value in /home/saturn/public_html/blog/modules/taxonomy/taxonomy.pages.inc on line 33.

First Impressions of the Nokia N900 - Part 2

Unfortunately I was quite pressed for time when I wrote my blog entry the other day, so I wasn't able to say everything I wanted to. I have a bit more time today, so I thought I'd write up a few things I didn't get to say then.

Firstly, after using Quassel for a little, I wanted to make the interface a little less crowded. So what I did was to remove some GUI elements like the status bar, and reduce the font size. Here's what Quassel looks like now:

Migrating Quassel from SQLite to PostgreSQL

Last week I noticed that in one of my usual software updates, I got an upgrade to Quassel. The Ubuntu packager had packaged version 0.5rc1 and put it in the backports repository. This was all great, and I was amped to upgrade my Quassel Core to 0.5rc1 as well. Little did I know the issues it would cause...

Upgrading Quassel Core is usually a very simple process: shut down the old version and run the new version. This time didn't prove to be so successful. I ran the Core, it detected an older database and it upgraded the database. That all went well, and then the trouble started.

Search Utility for Quassel 0.4

Yesterday I was thinking about looking for something in my Quassel logs, and I didn't really feel like trying to scroll through the last 2 weeks' worth of backlog to find it. Also, at this stage Quassel unfortunately doesn't have a search feature either (Quassel devs, count that as a feature request Wink).

So I hauled out my latest trusty tool: Python.